Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  Keyer "Half On"?

Posted 15 days ago

We have a Carbonite Black Solo 13 and one of my keyers is programmed in Live Assist to apply a logo "bug" on our program feed from the MediaManager. I notice that when we manually activate a key, the color changes from whatever it starts at to white for the period of the transition (if there is one) and then to red when the transition is complete, which makes sense to me. There are times when we engage the keyer using a command sent from ProPresenter via Companion to activate. It works fine about 60% of the time. The rest of the time it seems to "stick" in mid-transition looking like it's half on/half off. My only remedy at the moment is to either fire anothe macro from ProPresenter or manually engage/disengage the key button on the control surface. Lately, I've just been sending two commands to turn off the key in consective slides from ProPresenter.

Any idea why this occurs?

------------------------------
    Steve Witwicki
    Video Technical Director
    Light of Christ Church

• 2.  RE: Keyer "Half On"?

Posted 15 days ago

On the physical control panel you can pause a transition if you hit auto-trans again during the transition (this behaviour goes as far back as the analog 210/216 series).  Maybe your Companion setup is sending the command twice within that transition duration window?

Paul

• 3.  RE: Keyer "Half On"?

Posted 15 days ago

Agree with Paul - Looks like you are sending two events which will cause the switcher to pause.

You can disable this feature by setting the personality for the Double Press to Ignore:

https://help.rossvideo.com/solo/Tasks/Setup/Personality/AutoTrans2.html

That page in the manual will give you the options and how to navigate the menu to disable it.

Les O'Reilly
    Director - Switcher Product Management