Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  AUX Bus Color Correction Ultrix Acuity

Posted 03-24-2024 15:09

Does the Ultrix Acuity support aux bus color correction?

I can assign and adjust them in the switcher menu but there is no effect on the video signal output of the Aux bus going out of the Ultrix Router.

If I assign a corrector to a ME bus the correction does make it out.

pic of Ultrix Acuity Color Correction menu showing Bus corrector applied to Aux 1-1

------------------------------
    Paul Whitfield

• 2.  RE: AUX Bus Color Correction Ultrix Acuity

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-25-2024 03:56

Hi Paul,

Ultrix Acuity does not support Aux Bus Colour Correction.

Colour Correction in Ultrix Acuity is bus-based and is available on buses within the switcher. However, Aux Buses controlled by Acuity, are actually a control which controls switching done external to Acuity, in the Ultrix routing system. It is simply a routing control mechanism. Therefore Aux Buses do not have colour correction.

To have Colour Correction on an Aux Bus output, that output needs to have come through an Acuity Bus and then be routed out from Acuity.

I hope that this is of some help.

Regards, Raphael

Raphael Samad
    Business Development Manager
    Production Switchers/Video Servers
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: AUX Bus Color Correction Ultrix Acuity

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-29-2024 14:56

To Add to this.  It is possible now with Ultrix 5.3 to Add licenses in ultrix for Color Correction .. ultriproc ...  with those you could apply colour correction to the physical output.  The controls would be in DashBoard Currently.  Now that the feature is released we will be looking for ways to do this with the Acuity Panel UI.

Les O'Reilly
    Director - Switcher Product Management

• 4.  RE: AUX Bus Color Correction Ultrix Acuity

Posted 03-30-2024 13:33

Hi Les,

We already got the UltriProc Licenses.  I actually prefer the controls being in DashBoard.  It is much easier to access and adjust the color correctors in DashBoard than the double punching on the Aux method of the older system. 

Paul Whitfield