Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  Calling a Custom Control from an ogscript

Posted 02-26-2024 14:40

I feel Ive seen this before, and maybe even done it, but I need call a custom control from a conditional ogscript. I feel I am just having some minor brain lock on this, but the command to do this is eluding me, assuming it is actually possible. 

I have a script that tests for several different conditions, and depending on the which condition, if any, tests as TRUE, then a corresponding custom control is to be executed.

Simple enough... except the command to execute the custom is eluding me. I've tried several different things, but no success.

Thanks for any help

------------------------------
    Marty Hill

• 2.  RE: Calling a Custom Control from an ogscript

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-12-2024 12:02

Hi Marty,

Sorry for the delayed response. You can communicate to other devices using Ross Talk. You can have your Ross Talk command inside your conditional statements and pass the commands. The syntax of a Ross Talk command is as follows:

rosstalk.sendMessage('HOSTNAME', PORT, 'COMMAND NAME'); 

For more custom control commands, you can refer to https://help.rossvideo.com/carbonite-02/Topics/Operation/CustomControls/Events.html

Feel free to reach out if there is any specific command you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Altaz Daruwala
    Ross Video