Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  Carbonite Ultra HDR

Posted 03-11-2024 05:29

Hi all, 

I use Panasonic AK-HC 3900 cameras, 4K version, which are set to HDR mode 1920/50p BT 2020. I need to produce an HDR signal for recording and an SDR signal for live streaming. My mixer settings in the configuration tab is set to HLG mode and in the input tab I set HLG for each camera input, and I change it to BT 2020 for each input. Finally I send HDR signal via output 5, and I am trying to send SDR Rec 709 via output 6 (of course I set the signal conversion in output tab  SDR,  Rec.709 at this output). The SDR signal at output 6 is unacceptable. So I turn on color correction for output 6 and select the HDR to SDR preset. The image is still not acceptable. I turn off the preset (SDR to HDR) and try to correct the image in the Procam and Color Correction tabs, but unfortunately I do not achieve satisfactory results in the SDR image . Does anyone have a best practice on how to properly configure the SDR to HDR signal conversion? Can this be done in a Rosscarbonite Ultra mixer or should I use some additional device?

Thank you in advance 

Sebastian 

------------------------------
    Sebastian Gorajek
    CEO
    Grupa Produkcyjna ONEHD

• 2.  RE: Carbonite Ultra HDR

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-22-2024 09:27

Hi Sebastian, 

Sorry that you are not finding a good solution to your requirement. For your particular requirement, I suggest that you contact TechSupport@rossvideo.com who will be able to help you. They could also remotely connect to your machine to see if they can find out what the problem might be.

I hope that this helps you.

Regards, Raphael

Raphael Samad
    Business Development Manager
    Production Switchers/Video Servers
    Ross Video