Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  CARBONITRE ULTRA. SUBSTITUTION

Posted 02-28-2024 13:32
    Hey Guys,

Trying to get substitution to work.

Here's what I want to happen.  Its a sporting event, with 2 outbound feeds.  They both get Dirty PGM from ME2 (I have a 2 ME switcher) however one of them, lets call it the Brazil feed, needs to cut to wide shot when main pgm cuts to a booth shot.

Tried everything I know and no success.  Prob very simple.

My thoughts were to Route MiniME4 to Aux 7 to Feed Brazil.  MiniME4 would be fed with Dirty Pgm from Me2 and when switched to the booth on ME 1 Brazil would see a Wide shot Cam 6.

• 2.  RE: CARBONITRE ULTRA. SUBSTITUTION

Ross Staff
    Posted 02-28-2024 22:38

Hi Steve,

There is a way to accomplish this, but it will require 2 MEs.

1. Get ME1 to follow ME2 (screenshot attached) 

• note that only ME can follow ME, and only miniME can follow miniME
    • miniME cannot follow ME, and vice versa 

2.  Setup a Substitution Table (screenshot attached)

- This tells the switcher to replace the Booth shot with the Wide shot on ME1.

Now, actions performed on ME2 is replicated on ME1, including keys. But if the Booth shot is selected on ME2, the Wide shot is selected on ME1.

------------------------------
    Aaron
    Business Development Manager - Production Switchers & Servers
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: CARBONITRE ULTRA. SUBSTITUTION

Posted 02-29-2024 14:32
    Aaron thanks for your quick response.  Not sure why but my Ultra Carbonite only gives an option for MINI ME 1-4 in the sub table.  Here's some screen shots.  Is there a way to swap inputs using the MiniMe's since it appears I dont have the option of a ME in the SWAP page.  Thank you!!

• 4.  RE: CARBONITRE ULTRA. SUBSTITUTION

Ross Staff
    Posted 02-29-2024 22:04
      |   view attached

Hi Steve,

You do not see ME Substitution because your Carbonite Ultra is on v6.6.1 firmware. ME Substitution was added in v7.0.0, and the latest version is v7.1.6. Besides substitution, other useful features like UltraScene were added in v7.0.0, making the upgrade worthwhile. I have attached the release notes.

v7.1.6 firmware can be downloaded and installed at no cost. (https://www.rossvideo.com/support/software-downloads/carbonite-ultra)

The upgrade process is easy and straight forward.

1. On DashBoard, go to Configuration > System > Upgrade.
    2. Locate the upgrade file (upgrade-7.1.6.11331.ultra) from the download, and drop it into the Drag and Drop Upgrade area.
    3. Click OK to confirm the upgrade.

If this is your first time upgrading and would be more comfortable to have someone walk you through it, feel free to reach out to Tech Support (techsupport@rossvideo.com or https://support.rossvideo.com/hc/en-us).

Aaron
    Business Development Manager - Production Switchers & Servers
    Ross Video

Attachment(s)