Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-17-2024 02:05

Hello, I need help here, I have a looping scene that has two pauses in the middle, first Pause holds for few frames then automatically continues and second Pause does the same thing and the cycle continues as it loops. I have published the visibility of the group so that I can turn it On/Off while its still running without taking it Offline, the problem is that when I turn Off visibility and I hit Enter Key to update it online, the key plays the pauses instead of updating that the scene is invisible on air. I want the scene to be still Online but be able to turn off its visibily On air without taking it offline. Im stuck right there, any idea to approach? Thank you.

------------------------------
    LOETO

• 2.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Ross Staff
    Posted 04-17-2024 05:39

Use a widget with 0 or 1, connect widget to hidden text box, connect text box string to visibility via Visual Logic. 

You can then use the widget to control visibility. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-17-2024 15:46

Thank you Simon, I will give it a try when I get at work, I will give feedback.

LOETO

• 4.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-18-2024 15:14

I tried with the widget, it works fine by turning visiblity on and off on my preview but I'm still experiencing the same challenge that when the scene is online and I turn off its visibility and I hit enter, it does not update that visibility is turned off, it just plays from one Pause event to the other, remember I mentioned that my scene has two Pause Events in the middle, so when I press enter Key it just plays from one Pause to the other instead of updating that the scene visibility is turned off.

LOETO

• 5.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-18-2024 15:23

LOETO

• 6.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-18-2024 15:27

When I press Enter Key to update visiblity off on air it just plays from one Pause event to another, refer to the photo attached. Thank you

LOETO

• 7.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Ross Staff
    Posted 04-18-2024 16:40

Yeah because you are "taking" the scene again so it tries to play. 

The widget should affect the scene when its on air, you should not need to press take it should live update. 

I built it really quickly just now to check, I never press Enter, I just change the widget. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 8.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 04-18-2024 18:08

Ok I will try that, thank you for your patience Simon.

LOETO

• 9.  RE: CONTROLLING VISIBILITY(SHOW/HIDE) OF ONLINE SCENE

Posted 30 days ago

Thank you Simon, it worked, I was doing everything well  except the last part whereby I didn't know I have to double click the scene on scene layout so that the widget can accessible on the sequencer because mine was accessible as text not widget itself on the sequencer, thats why at first my widget was not doing what you mentioned above, so I found some info on some of the threads here on the community that you have to double the scene after linking a widget. Thank you once again Simon.

LOETO