Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  CustomPanel - Crosspoints with frame delay.

Posted 03-15-2024 15:24

Hello, 

I currently have a Carbonite Ultra switcher running at 4k video mode. I have 3 video sources (CAM1,CAM2,CAM3) that enter the switcher in 1080i format. As the switcher converts them, I'm able to display them in 4K on the Multiviewer.

However, a client asked me to create the following setup:

• Have a PGM output in 4K, and another output (also PGM), but in 1080i. This first "mission" was easy to complete, just using the output FC Assignment.
    • Now, the second requirement is that when I have CAM1, for example, in PGM, the 1080i output is streamed with 7 frames of delay in relation to the PGM output in 4k (which will also be with CAM1).  I am having difficulty executing this requirement.

Could you help me with this? How I can customizing a panel on the Dashboard to perform this task? 

Thanks, 

------------------------------
    João victhor Mariano

• 2.  RE: CustomPanel - Crosspoints with frame delay.

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-18-2024 15:25

You can not Delay the output of the switcher on the down covert longer than a single frame.  There is no Delay function on an output converter.

Les O'Reilly
    Director - Switcher Product Management

• 3.  RE: CustomPanel - Crosspoints with frame delay.

Posted 03-18-2024 16:51

Hi,

Ok,understood. 

However,regarding the outputs which are not being converted, os it possible to use delay longer than 1 frame? 

If so, how can I do this? 

Thanks,

João victhor Mariano