Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard Control for Innings Based on Outs

Posted 02-19-2024 19:44

Hi folks!

Fairly new to working with Dashboard and I don't have any coding background. I'm working on creating a Dashboard panel to control the score bug for baseball games.

So far I've been successful in developing a button that counts the strikes and resets the balls and strikes on three strikes and then counts an out. The outs count up to three and then everything reset. I'm happy so far with how this button is working, but I'm looking to add more to it.

I'm hoping someone might have an idea of best practices for having this button then swap from top to bottom of the inning and then count a new inning for each change to the top.

I understand how to do this manually - for example in a 9 inning game I could count up to 18 and 1 would be top of first inning, 2 bottom of first inning, and so on. The only problem is that a game could theoretically go into extra innings that I didn't account for.

Would love so help on how to approach this. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Morgan Butler
    San Francisco State University

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Control for Innings Based on Outs

Posted 02-21-2024 15:40

What we have in our Dashboard is then two more parameters: One that tracks top/bottom of the inning, and one that tracks the inning number. When our Outs reach 3 outs, it not only clears any balls and strikes as you have, but on top of that it also sets top/bottom relatively, and finally if it was already the bottom of the inning (and you are going to the top) it will advance the inning number by 1 as well. 

Jake Lew
    Access Communications Co-Operative Limited
    Regina Canada

• 3.  RE: Dashboard Control for Innings Based on Outs

Posted 02-21-2024 15:59

Hey Jake,

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Would you be able to share a screenshot of your visual code so I can see how you went about doing that?

Thanks!

Morgan Butler
    San Francisco State University

• 4.  RE: Dashboard Control for Innings Based on Outs

Posted 02-21-2024 16:20

I don't have my baseball project on-hand right now, but was quick enough to give you example of how to do this, using visual blocks.

Jake Lew
    Access Communications Co-Operative Limited
    Regina Canada