Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard Panel - Change to Bank 2

Posted 12-12-2023 22:42

I designed the attached panel for our church setup. We have 6 cameras (5 PTZ) and as you can see, controls for all 6 are on this panel-cameras 5 & 6 are not used as much so I put them on two tabs on the right to save real estate. Cameras 1 thru 3 are our main camera shots and camera 4 (which is in the drawer to the left) is our manned "follow-cam" (a Canon XF405) and that drawer contains LAN controls for exposure, focus, white balance, etc. The drawer on the right contains controls for room shades, advancing slides in ProPresenter, switching lighting cues and other actions.

Last night, we had our "Blue Christmas" worship service and it is conducted in low light conditions. There are a few other services during the year that are offered in the evening and again, similar low-light conditions are used. I'm wondering if something is possible. Since I save exposure/gain with my presets, I would like to either create another panel that would have the shotboxes access Bank2 for each of the cameras or, ideally, add a button that would select either Bank 1 or Bank 2 on the same panel. Obviously, I would need to ensure that the proper panel is initially loaded if we go with the first option. By the way, I have not yet set up or used Bank 2-would I reference shots starting with #1 or #65?

How would I go about creating the code to make this happen and which would be easier, a separate panel for low-light conditions or some sort of switch (button selector) to change my existing shotboxes to target Bank 2?

I also included the source code for the panel I created in the attachments.

------------------------------
    Steve Witwicki
    Video Technical Director
    Light of Christ Church

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Panel - Change to Bank 2

Posted 12-19-2023 18:51

Hello? Anyone care to take a stab at answering the questions that I had in the post above? Thanks.

Steve Witwicki
    Video Technical Director
    Light of Christ Church

• 3.  RE: Dashboard Panel - Change to Bank 2

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-20-2023 09:24

Hi Steve,

Two suggestions for you:

1) Presets are recalled by number.  If you have 64 presets in each bank, you would recall the first preset in bank 2 as preset 65 (or 64 if indexed from 0).  To do this with a button, you could use it to set the value of a local offset parameter (e.g. set to 0 when Bank 1 selected, 64 when Bank 2 selected, etc).  When operator presses the button to recall a preset, you would add this offset to the button index before sending the command to recall the preset

2) We did include an exposure override facility to handle exactly the scenario that you describe here.  By using the "Exposure Override" option in the recall options on the right hand side of the standard DashBoard camera panel Presets page, you can prevent recall of exposure (iris, shutter, gain) settings associated with your stored presets.  There is a similar option for white balance.  This would allow you to set up different exposure settings when operating in low light that wouldn't be affected when you recalled presets.  It obviously wouldn't help if you wanted different exposure settings for each preset.  As you are using your own custom panel, you would have to add an exposure override button to the section for each camera.  Parameter is shot.exposure.override (or shot.whitebalance.override for whitebalance).  Set to 0 to allow recall of exposure and 1 to block it.

Barbara Sharp
    Software Developer, Technical Lead - Robotics
    Ross Video