Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  DVE move with Custom Control macro - Carbonite Ultra

Posted 01-29-2024 10:51

I'm on a Carbonite Ultra, Vers 7, relatively new to using Custom Controls. I'm trying to set up a custom control that slides the bottom key layer (Key 1, background video) to the right about 20% using a 30 frame transition (smooth start and end) to allow a graphics background element to simultaneously slide in on top of it from the left using an image sequence in another key (Key 2), and then a text dissolve up over that (Key 3). I have everything figured out with the exception of the DVE move on Key 1. I've found the command in Custom Controls to move the key over 20% to the right, but I cannot find what command to enter to have the move happen over 30 frames; it just pops in, already moved over 20%. What command do I need to insert to account for the transition time? Thanks.

------------------------------
    Glenn DiTommaso
    Technical Director
    Dell Technologies

• 2.  RE: DVE move with Custom Control macro - Carbonite Ultra

Ross Staff
    Posted 01-29-2024 12:16

Good day, Glenn. Are the two DVE positions for Key 1 memorized with Effects Dissolves? If so, you can use one command to recall the first Memory (position 1) and a second command to recall the second Memory (position 2). Obviously, a command to play the animation on Key 2 would be sync'ed with the recall of the second Memory. 

Hope that helps. 

Tedd Tramaloni
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: DVE move with Custom Control macro - Carbonite Ultra

Posted 01-29-2024 12:47

Ah, that makes sense. The DVE positions currently aren't memorized with Effects Dissolves, but I will try that. Thanks, Tedd!

Glenn DiTommaso
    Technical Director
    Dell Technologies