Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 04-02-2024 18:56
      |   view attached

Hi there,

I am trying to properly trigger a item group to start playing with a playout mode = Timed

from another item in the sequencer (item #13)
    This works but before it executes there is a pause then a BEEP from xpression that doesn't sound happy...  
    everything freezes while  'preparing' for the first item in group

any suggestions?

test scene attached 

------------------------------
    Ronen Lasry
    FULL MENTAL JACKET
    Los Angeles United States

Attachment(s)

xpf
    test_triggers.xpf   125 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 04-02-2024 19:36

Hi Ronen

It's a bug. I have an open ticket with support re this. When we upgraded to V11 our scripts using the following snippet did exactly as you described. Worked fine in 10.5. I asked again in late March 24 and the bug still remains.

Dim takeItem as xpTakeItem

if (Engine.Sequencer.GetTakeItemByID(314501,takeItem)) then
        takeItem.Execute
    end if

A workaround is to setup a GPI/Tally board in hardware setup menu to send GPI's back to the same computer.

Configure the smart GPI to us UDP, outgoing Network Settings hostname: 127.0.0.1 and default port 7788.

dim localGPI as xpGPIBoard

if (Engine.GetGPIBoard(0,localGPI)) then
        localGPI.SendMessage("TAKE 1234")
    end if

Hope that helps!

Shane Herbert

• 3.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 04-04-2024 02:05

Thanks Shane, appreciate you sharing your workaround and its always a relief to hear that its not just me 

Ronen Lasry
    FULL MENTAL JACKET
    Los Angeles United States

• 4.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 04-03-2024 15:39

I've also found this is rough with having it on the "OnOnline" event. I've gotten this to work by placing it on a frame 1 script action in the SceneDirector

Zachary Fradette
    United States