Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Logic with scene director and spreadsheets

Posted 04-11-2024 14:21

I am working on a nominations show for a client. We will be airing this show using Overdrive and Xpression.

The client provides a spreadsheet the day before the show of 20+ categories with 6 - 10 nominees per category.

I have a template with 7 lines that play out one by one. If there are more than 7 nominees for a category my template rolls over to a new "page" showing the remaining 3 nominees.

The problem is that we won't know how many nominees a category has until the day before the show, so I am trying to come up with something flexible/foolproof for the director.

Ideally I want this template to stop accepting "resume" commands from Overdrive once it encounters an empty cell.

This would prevent any blank lines from popping up, and prevent accidentally switching to the second "page" if there are only 7 nominees.

Is this possible? Is there a way for me to use scene logic to halt my scene director from playing out? 

I did set up logic to keep a line hidden if there's no text, but this doesn't fix the problem with accidentally switching to the second "page".

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Henry Crush
    IT Director
    WFMZ-TV
    Allentown United States

• 2.  RE: Logic with scene director and spreadsheets

Ross Staff
    Posted 19 days ago

Depends how the scene director a script on the scene director that skips past the second page to the end animation is probably the simplest solution. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Logic with scene director and spreadsheets

Ross Staff
    Posted 19 days ago

Probably the simplest is a script on the scene director that skips over the second page if under 8 items. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom