Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  Luts into Carbonite Dashboard

Posted 03-05-2024 22:25

Hello all,

One of the clients in our event space has recently asked if we could apply Luts to their camera images. They are shooting S-Log3 so that they can have Luts on but I was wondering if they would have to have the Luts inserted into their camera presets or if we are able to insert Luts on our end using either Xpression or some type of preset/custom control on Dashboard.

Has anyone come across something like that before?

Thank you so much!

------------------------------
    Geraldo Rodrigues
    Events Technician
    Sydney

• 2.  RE: Luts into Carbonite Dashboard

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-05-2024 23:56

Hi Geraldo,

Carbonite does not support the application of LUT profiles. However, there are other products in the Ross portfolio (Gator Toolbox, Ultrix) that do support LUT.

Within Carbonite, there are Proc Amps and Color Correctors that can adjust the video signal, but LUT profiles cannot be applied to it. 

Aaron
    Business Development Manager - Production Switchers & Servers
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: Luts into Carbonite Dashboard

Posted 03-06-2024 19:25

Thank you, Aaron. Do you have any links/tutorials on how Ultrix can support LUTs?
    Cheers,

Geraldo Rodrigues
    Events Technician
    Sydney

• 4.  RE: Luts into Carbonite Dashboard

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-06-2024 21:41

Hello Geraldo,

I am sharing with you the Solution Brief that includes information about LUT support. https://documentation.rossvideo.com/files/Brochures/Connectivity/Ultrix/Ultriproc%20Solution%20Brief.pdf

I am less familiar with the Ultrix side of things, but I do know that supporting LUT requires a X-series I/O board (HDX, MODX) and the ULTRIPROC-3DLUT license.

If you don't mind, could you directly message me your email address or contact number? I will connect you with my colleagues in Australia, who can assist you further with your requirements.

Aaron
    Business Development Manager - Production Switchers & Servers
    Ross Video

• 5.  RE: Luts into Carbonite Dashboard

Posted 03-10-2024 20:18

Hey Aaron, thank you for that. I believe my team lead is already in contact with the Ross team in Australia, so I will let him bring this discussion with them as well., but I really appreciate your help.

Cheers!

Geraldo Rodrigues
    Events Technician
    Sydney