Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  PowerPlay "Set Email Account"

Posted 03-23-2024 18:44

Hello,

I'm working in PowerPlay, the software that schedules content (for us, we're using it to fire buttons on a couple different Dashboards). I see there is a feature that will send an email to an email address of your choice, after you setup the SMTP server in the Configuration menu. I believe I've set up everything correctly with "smtp.gmail.com", port 465 (found this online for SSL), and then my email address and password. I've checked "Enable Email Notifications" on the config page, and I've also setup a few events in the schedule and checked "When Triggered" and added a different email address to receive the notification. So far I can't get it to work at all. No emails have come through. Are there specific settings for the SMPT server? Any ideas? Thanks!

------------------------------
    Chris S.

• 2.  RE: PowerPlay "Set Email Account"

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-25-2024 12:57

Hey Chris

PowerPlay does not support SSL email, only TLS is supported.  For gmail use port 587 to use the TLS path.

Hope that helps. 

Jack  

Jack Horry
    Product Manager
    Quorum
    Ross Video | Living Live

• 3.  RE: PowerPlay "Set Email Account"

Posted 03-26-2024 09:33

Hey Jack, thanks for the info. I switched it to 587 and did a couple tests and haven't gotten it to work still. Below is a screenshot of my setup. I enter the password every time before I hit OK. I believe the events are setup accurately with the "When Triggered" box checked. Here are a couple screenshots in case you see something else that I might be missing. Thanks!

Chris Simonson