Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  Reformatting BM Hyperdeck via Dashboard

Posted 01-30-2024 10:25

Need some help here please.

We have 9 Hyperdecks which we record 8 camera ISOs and our Program Out of our Carbonite. I've had no problem controlling these with CCs with simple commands such as PLAY, RECORD and STOP. 

However, to make life a little simpler, I am trying to program a script in Dashboard to handle the reformatting of the disk. The manual procedure is not a super quick way to do this when you have 9 decks to reformat. With one CC in Dashboard calling the script to reformat all 9, things would be so much nicer and quicker. (I know...I'm a little lazy!)

Ive been using the sendMessageWithResponse command because evidently according to BM documentation, after send the FORMAT: PREPARE: exFAT command, I have to send a followup up command of FORMAT: CONFIRM: (callback response) 

I've tried a number of things and get no response. I found an example in another thread on the sendMessageWithResponse and copied it as template and changed where I needed to. Still nothing.

If I remove the termination string, I finally get a bunch of errors in the debug window, so I lean towards the idea I dont have the correct termination string for BM. I cant find it anywhere. 

But I could very easily be missing something else. My programming skills in this area are weak, so i am likely doing something else wrong. 

Im out of ideas, so turning to this forum for help.

Here is the latest code I've used, again, modeled after sendMessageWithResponse code in another thread.

<abs bottom="180" contexttype="opengear" id="_top" keepalive="false" left="880" right="420" top="560" virtualheight="100" virtualwidth="150">
       <meta>
          <api immediate="true">function callback(success, sentData, result, exception)
          {
             var resultString = result.map(String);
             ogscript.debug('Got success: ' + success + ', sentData: ' + sentData + ', result: ' + resultString + ', exception: ' + exception);
          }
          function sendInt(value)
          {
             rosstalk.sendAsBytesWithResponse('10.201.120.18', 9993, value,'0A' , callback);
          }</api>
       </meta>
       <button buttontype="push" height="80" id="132" left="20" name="Hyperdeck Formatting" top="20" width="60">
          <task>rosstalk.sendMessageWithResponse('10.201.120.18', '9993', 'format:prepare:exFAT','0A', callback);</task>
       </button>
    </abs>

------------------------------
    Marty Hill
    OAK HILLS CHURCH

• 2.  RE: Reformatting BM Hyperdeck via Dashboard

Ross Staff
    Posted 02-05-2024 10:27
      |   view attached

Hi Marty,

The only thing I could point out is that your port should be an integer, so probably removing the apostrophe would work. I also have attached documentations on how you can control a hyperdeck using Dashboard. There is a custom panel in the zip which should guide you on how you can achieve the formatting. There is a listener in the custom panel which is used to send commands and handles receiving data. The Refresh clip List button (Yellow), sends the clips get commands which queries all timeline clips, and returns the list into a dropdown. If the format command is supposed to return data, you should be able to follow the same approach. Otherwise, using rosstalk commands should work, examples like playing and stoping is demonstrated in the panel using rosstalk commands.

----------
    Cheers,
    Aury R.
    ----------

Aury Rukazana
    Senior Software Developer
    Ross Video

Attachment(s)

zip
    BlackMagic.zip   1.05 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Reformatting BM Hyperdeck via Dashboard

Posted 02-06-2024 13:57

I'd recommend trying Bitfocus Companion to do this, as that app has done the hard work for you, and it is super easy to set up complicated actions to multiple devices with a single button press.
    You can still use Dashboard as the 'front end' easily. Either by adding a browser source on your Dashboard page to the Companion 'emulator' control web interface or by making a Dashboard button do a TCP command to press a 'button' on Companion.

https://bitfocus.io/companion

David Krug
    Production Manager
    Open Signal: Portland Community Media Center
    Portland United States

• 4.  RE: Reformatting BM Hyperdeck via Dashboard

Posted 04-11-2024 23:13

Hey I'm wondering if you ever got this sorted? If so would you be able to send me the grid file so I can see how you did it?

Simon Hynes