Production Switchers

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Selecting "Custom Control" with a stream Deck using Bitfocus Companion software

• 1.  Selecting "Custom Control" with a stream Deck using Bitfocus Companion software

Posted 03-18-2024 12:47

We have a Carbonite Black Plus switcher that I'm trying to get a StreamDeck to control the Custom Controls. In the StreamDeck I'm using the Rosstalk plugin. I've programmed the device with the Carbonite frame IP address and it appears to be talking. Under switcher status in the Ross dash board  in the DashBoard Connections it shows the computer that I'm using to run Companion. So they appear to see each other. I've programed the buttons to trigger the Banks and pages we want to call up. But they don't work. I feel there is something that I'm missing  but can't find it. Any thoughts? 

------------------------------
    Brett Covish
    Assistant Chief Engineer
    KMPH

• 2.  RE: Selecting "Custom Control" with a stream Deck using Bitfocus Companion software

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-29-2024 12:45

If you are using Companion to send the messages you might need to check on the version of it..  There was an issue not that long ago where it seemed that the RossTalk plugin for Companion was broken.  Some users had posted that they were working around it using the Generic TCP connections method and having to manually create the commands.

You can also test this just using DashBoard and a Custom Panel interface where you send commands using the RossTalk in it.  

If your using the Ross RossTalk plugin not companion then I would make sure that companion is not setup to talk to the RossTalk Port 7788 just to make sure it's not blocking other connections.  And if possible show some screen shots of what your assignments in the Stream Deck so we can have a look at them.

That is an example of what I use with my Graphite in the plugin and it works fine.  Carbonite Black has the same RossTalk in commands and based on the same software.

Les O'Reilly
    Director - Switcher Product Management