Facility Control

View Only
  • 1.  StructTable Help: Datalinq hangs on to non-existing elements

Posted 02-21-2024 15:33

Hi,

I have a structTable holding some info, the number of elements in that table can change at any given time. In Dashboard, it works perfect. However, in Datalinq it hangs on to old elements.

For example, if I had 8 elements in the table, I would see 8 elements in Dashboard and 8 in Datalinq. If I then go down to 4 elements in Dashboard, I would see in the Dashboard parameter 4 elements, but in Datalinq I would still see the eight elements. I did try to build in something that would set all my parameters in Dashboard to blank before clearing... but it still hangs on to the old elements, just as blank instead of with the old data... which is slightly better but still no good for wanting to step through the data in XPression using <n+> advancement in a crawl as I'm left now with blank spaces.

Is there a way to force Datalinq to update?  Even browsing and refreshing the datalinq source still hangs on to the old non-existent parameters.

------------------------------
    Jake Lew
    Access Communications Co-Operative Limited
    Regina Canada

• 2.  RE: StructTable Help: Datalinq hangs on to non-existing elements

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-11-2024 13:15

Hi Jake,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Once you have validated that the connection is successful and has no connectivity issues, You might want to check if the issue is on the graphic side. I am not sure about force updating but you can ensure that your settings for retrieving from the datalinq include the "update on change" tick box if it is already not ticked.

Hope it helps. I will update the answer about the force update on Datalinq shortly.

Best Regards,

Altaz Daruwala
    Ross Video