Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Posted 20 days ago

Hello team, I need help here, I have made a crawl using scene group that has 3 data pages, the crawl is working well but my problem is when I put the scene to sequencer, on the template data tab there is no way I can input crawl text, I tried publishing it but still not fixing it, I was thinking of having text for each page on the main Scene Group and link each text to the text on each page, the text on the main Scene Group will then be the one for inputing each page text on the sequencer, I hope I put it correct, how do I link those text(Scene Group has 3 different texts named Page1, Page2 & Page3, while the pages have texts named Page1text, Page2 text & Page3 text), any approach is welcome. Thank you.

------------------------------
    LOETO

• 2.  RE: TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Ross Staff
    Posted 20 days ago

2 options.

1. Build the crawl in Sequence instead so each page is separate. You'll find that under group options.

2.  Use scripting. Here's an example. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vpcsc1xtaoo19rlw51t8c/Roll-Crawl-No-Datalinq.xpf?rlkey=8h7642ykfotxx8lnbg3yczy5l&dl=0 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Posted 20 days ago

Thank you Simon, I'm aware of option 1 but I wanted something different, I will try option 2 from the example you have given and give you feedback.

LOETO

• 4.  RE: TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Ross Staff
    Posted 20 days ago

Option 2 works, I have implemented a version of it for several clients and it's what you were asking for above. 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 5.  RE: TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Posted 19 days ago

Thanks a lot Simon, it worked.

LOETO

• 6.  RE: TICKER CRAWL TEMPLATE(LINKING TEXT IN SCENE GROUP TO TEXT IN SCENE PAGES FOR THE CRAWL)

Ross Staff
    Posted 19 days ago

No problem, happy it worked. 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom