Production Switchers

View Only
  • 1.  View More than the first 15 Custom Controls on Touch Drive

Posted 03-27-2024 10:54

I'm currently working with a Ross Carbonite Ultra and a TD2 Touch Drive system. 

With the productions we have, I need to use a lot of custom controls. The problem is I really do not want to use the Shot Box if I can avoid it and unfortunately I'm only able to see the first 15 Custom Controls on the Touch Drive. 

Is there any way to page down to the next 15 Custom Controls in the list or is it a limitation of the TD2?

Barring that, can anybody recommend a good desk mount for the display? Lol. 

------------------------------
    Andrew Marchand
    Live Broadcast Engineer

• 2.  RE: View More than the first 15 Custom Controls on Touch Drive

Posted 03-27-2024 13:53
      |   view attached

Hi Andrew,

I use a bunch of Custom Controls as well and I don't use the shot box because it's a reach for me. I put Custom Contols on the ME PP User Defined buttons. That way I have 23 of them right where my hands are. Here you can see ones with names, used to recall Xpression lower 3rds. I use a different CC Bank for each show, each configured for the needs of that show but all right where my hands are. 

[Danny] [Skarka] Ross Pilot since Synergy
    [Producer, Director, Technical Director]

• 3.  RE: View More than the first 15 Custom Controls on Touch Drive

Ross Staff
    Posted 03-29-2024 13:02

See Danny's suggestion .... However we will add this to the list of Feature Requests to do something to get to more CCs in a Bank..  maybe while on the Bank Selection screen we can have extra buttons to set it to select 1-15 / 16-31 something like that..

Les O'Reilly
    Director - Switcher Product Management

• 4.  RE: View More than the first 15 Custom Controls on Touch Drive

Posted 03-29-2024 13:10

That would be fantastic. 

I'm new to Ross myself, the company I work for has used it as a production switcher for our auditorium shows which include live broadcast. I would go with Danny's selection but I use the User Defined buttons for a lot of other things and that's a no go. 

In the meantime I'm just going to change some of my user defined buttons to call up different CC banks and just use the first 15 of each bank to store my CC's, there's more than enough for the amount I am creating. 

Andrew Marchand
    Live Broadcast Engineer