Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  B2B Transition Errors

Posted 03-06-2024 13:51

I created b2b transition logic for text changes on a lower. The animation is a wipe across the quad. However when it animates in, the text changes before the wipe can play out. What I want is for the text to stay the same until the wipe hides it so the new text does not appear until the wipe is done. How would I go about fixing this?

I have tried creating separate scene directors for the in and out but it doesn't seem to work and glitches my masks so they stop working entirely. Any suggestions?

------------------------------
    Zach Persechini
    Manager
    Emerson College

• 2.  RE: B2B Transition Errors

Posted 03-06-2024 14:22

you should have a default director that does nothing.

An IN for online and an OUt for offline. 

You'll need b2b In and b2b out scene directors.

If your b2b Out takes 25 frames your in should start at 25 frames.

Obviously, these are just the basic rules and once you understand them you can break them but this is how to get started and understand it. 

You also noticed a checkbox labelled render animated objects only.

When using this option ticked on, anything like a mask or an object that isn't animated will need a keyframe placed on it so that XPression renders it as part of the transition.

Follow transition logic videos 101 onwards. 103 particularly covers text if I remember correctly. 

https://www.rossvideo.com/resources/ross-university/an-introduction-to-transition-logic/ 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom