Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard/Xpression image path question

Posted 01-25-2024 18:15

Hello,

I'm working with a animated XPression Carousel driven by a Dashboard interface. Everything is going well - but a request by the control room is throwing me off. I've got 10 thumbnail images (canvas files) - with file pickers to import the images. The challenge I have is that it would be great to have the option of a "hot change" with the ability to swap an image out if needed. However, updating those two different images from a single source value has me stuck.

Existing Dashboard Path (in parameter): file:/D:/TEST%20EDIT%20VISUAL%20LOGIC/Images/MET%20GALA/MET%20GALA_1.jpg

Preferred XPression Path: D:\TEST EDIT VISUAL LOGIC\Images\MET GALA\MET GALA_1.jpg

Any thoughts of a workaround or method - or am I just going down a path with a dead end? After a fair amount of research it seems I may be asking too much. Sure, I can preload the thumbnails and the Xpression carousel images....but it would be amazing to have that added functionality.

------------------------------
    Chris Jordan
    Graphic Artist in Charge
    NBCUniversal

• 2.  RE: Dashboard/Xpression image path question

Posted 01-25-2024 19:13

On the text object connected to the first string you could put something like this;

text = Mid(text, 7)

text = Replace(text, "%20", " ")

text = Replace(text, "/", "\")

Then use that string as your dynamic material path. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Dashboard/Xpression image path question

Posted 01-25-2024 19:58

Worked like a charm! Many thanks - I thought I'd have to do some heavy lifting on the Dashboard side but that solution was a lot easier than expected!

Chris Jordan
    Graphic Artist in Charge
    NBCUniversal

• 4.  RE: Dashboard/Xpression image path question

Posted 01-26-2024 04:20

No problem! 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video