Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 11 days ago
      |   view attached

Hi there,

I am trying to properly trigger a item group to start playing with a playout mode = Timed

from another item in the sequencer (item #13)
    This works but before it executes there is a pause then a BEEP from xpression that doesn't sound happy...  
    everything freezes while  'preparing' for the first item in group

any suggestions?

test scene attached 

------------------------------
    Ronen Lasry
    FULL MENTAL JACKET
    Los Angeles United States

Attachment(s)

xpf
    test_triggers.xpf   125 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Ronen

It's a bug. I have an open ticket with support re this. When we upgraded to V11 our scripts using the following snippet did exactly as you described. Worked fine in 10.5. I asked again in late March 24 and the bug still remains.

Dim takeItem as xpTakeItem

if (Engine.Sequencer.GetTakeItemByID(314501,takeItem)) then
        takeItem.Execute
    end if

A workaround is to setup a GPI/Tally board in hardware setup menu to send GPI's back to the same computer.

Configure the smart GPI to us UDP, outgoing Network Settings hostname: 127.0.0.1 and default port 7788.

dim localGPI as xpGPIBoard

if (Engine.GetGPIBoard(0,localGPI)) then
        localGPI.SendMessage("TAKE 1234")
    end if

Hope that helps!

Shane Herbert

• 3.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 9 days ago

Thanks Shane, appreciate you sharing your workaround and its always a relief to hear that its not just me 

Ronen Lasry
    FULL MENTAL JACKET
    Los Angeles United States

• 4.  RE: executing on a TakeItemGroup with playout mode (to loop play) pauses xpression

Posted 10 days ago

I've also found this is rough with having it on the "OnOnline" event. I've gotten this to work by placing it on a frame 1 script action in the SceneDirector

Zachary Fradette
    United States