Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  How to automatically load default .dsc file in datalinq

Posted 10-29-2023 09:20

A couple of months ago we updated our DatalinqServer software from version 6.0.0.3318 (yes ancient) to 10.7, because we upgraded or Xpressions to prety much to most recent versions.

In the old version of DatalinqServer, we could restart the software (or even the entire machine) and the most recent or default .dsc datalinqfile was loaded in the software. With this new version of DatalinqServer this unfortunately doesn't happen and we manually have to load the correct file...

Is this new? Is there something changed? What can i do to have the software load the most recent .dsc file after restart?

Thnx!

------------------------------
    Justus van der Hulst
    Live Graphics Operator
    Euro Media Group
    Hilversum, The Netherlands

• 2.  RE: How to automatically load default .dsc file in datalinq

Posted 10-30-2023 10:07

This should not be the case. The Datalinq server should remember the last set of sources it had loaded, and bring those back up with the software or PC restarts. Is it possible there's a second Datalinq server that's installed on your engine? Sometimes we see a standalone Datalinq Server installed and a separate Datalinq Server bundled with your XPression software. In that case, both programs could launch with different sets of Datalinq Sources loaded.

Jeff Mayer
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: How to automatically load default .dsc file in datalinq

Posted 10-30-2023 16:53

I think Jeff's post is most likely the correct issue to look at, but its also possible you are seeing a bug that was resolved in version 11.0 of XPression, build 5670.

·  [fixed] Datalinq Server would not save/load its configuration to/from ProgramData

In 10.7 beta (all 10.7 is beta) we moved all logging and configuration files from Program Files to Program Data. We had to make a series of adjustments after that change to resolve issues with some of our applications not reading or writing their files correctly to the new location in Program Data. 

We made these changes in 10.7 beta and released in 11.0 official to comply with current cyper security practices. 

• 4.  RE: How to automatically load default .dsc file in datalinq

Posted 10-31-2023 17:18

It's not another Datalinq server running like Jeff mentioned, but i think i figured out what might cause the problem. 

The server is running on a seperate dedicated machine, but the windows account is logged on as a non-administrator account, it looks like a .dat file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Xpression Datalinq Server\ should be saved or changed, which isn't possible because the software is not allowed to save in this folder.
    (I see i can save in Program Data, so maybe the issue can be solved by installing 11.0)

Another thing that came to mind which might cause the problem; the .dsc file we use is located on a network share. I wondered if the save/load path is hardcoded in the software to C:\Program Files (x86)\Xpression Datalinq Server\Datalinqs\

Justus van der Hulst
    Live Graphics Operator
    Euro Media Group
    Hilversum, The Netherlands