Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Renderview Shader on Material

Posted 02-06-2024 18:04
      |   view attached

Hi,

I've created a Scene_1 1920*200 with a Text Animation using an Alpha Stagger Animation ( Scene Director ). On a Scene_2 3840*200 I have 2 Quads 1920*200 each with a Material applied on each Quad. The material is a Render View Shader with Scene_1 applied resolution is 1920*200.

In Layout mode everything is working perfect, when I play the Scene_1 SD, the animation is playing on Scene_2 but in Sequence mode I have a different behavior, only Scene_1 is playing.

Karim,

------------------------------
    Karim Lakehal
    VIDELIO - AMP VISUALTV
    Paris France

Attachment(s)

xpf
    STAGGER ANIMATION.xpf   35 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Renderview Shader on Material

Posted 02-07-2024 06:48

Render views to my knowledge only present the frame that the scene director cursor is set to in layout mode. You can put the second scene on an output and watch the animation play if you play the timeline in scene 1 in the layout editor.

Putting on both in the sequencer doesn't work either, the scene you play in the sequencer is a copy of the original layout version. You'd have to access the scene and play the timeline somehow but there's no access property for this in the material or shader. Unless I'm missing a button in the shader properties I'd say you're out of luck.

Tim Lundberg
    ESL FACEIT GROUP GmbH
    Cologne, Germany

• 3.  RE: Renderview Shader on Material

Posted 02-07-2024 06:54

Hi,

Sorry but I forgot to drop the material with Render View shader to the SD of Scene_2, when I do so everything is working perfect in Sequence mode.

Regards.

Karim Lakehal
    VIDELIO - AMP VISUALTV
    Paris France

• 4.  RE: Renderview Shader on Material

Posted 02-07-2024 06:57

Ah interesting, I wasn't aware it was working like a video material (you can't play it like one through scripts).

Well met.

Tim Lundberg
    ESL FACEIT GROUP GmbH
    Cologne, Germany