Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 04:10

Helloo, I'm trying to make a location bug that auto scale with the amount of text input, I used the slab as the background bar, I have tried using simple method of making the slab a child of the text but the scaling is not consistent, when I input less text the slab does not downscale to the right size of the text, when I put more text the slab seems to scale more than the amount of text placed, my last try was using Visual logic, Text bounding box width-Max Value-Offset-Slab x Scale, however I get the same results of inconsistent scale of the slab. But if I use a normal quad everything autoscales well, the problem is when I use a slab. Any solution to this. Thank you.

------------------------------
    LOETO

• 2.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 05:57

Do you just need rounded ends because you can just use a quad and then make the rounded ends you want and attach them at each end and push and pull them instead of trying to get the scaling correct. Its what I often do. Or push a mash with the correct shape cutout instead. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 08:58

Yes I want to take advantage of the slanting(skew) and then round the ends, I tried using an already skewed material on the quad so that the quad takes the shape of the material, the problem is when I input long text because the material only scales on the x axis that stretches it to a point where the quad looses that nice skew shape. Any idea I can approach it, thank you.

LOETO

• 4.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 10:05

I have done faux skewed quads with a 3 part obj file. Even made it by hand. Triangle - Quad - Triangle.

You could make beveled pieces this way too. Scale the middle and move the caps.

Azathoth
    Son of Cthulhu

• 5.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 13:37

I'll also try that too. Thank you

LOETO

• 6.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT
    Best Answer

Posted 03-22-2024 17:41
    I inserted the subtract block to the visual logic to fix constant scaling of the slab

LOETO

• 7.  RE: SLAB TO SCALE WITH TEXT

Posted 03-22-2024 17:45

Feedback here, after trial and error I added Subtract and Value blocks to the visual logic as shown on the above screenshot and it solved the problem, the slab is now scaling consistently and it does not loose its slanting(skew)shape and round edges.

LOETO