Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Take scene offline when Dashboard clock reaches 00:00

Posted 11-20-2023 10:05

Hi everyone

I have a dashboard panel with 4 timers being used for rugby yellow card sin-bin timing.  I have a scene containing a text object that receives the clock information from Dashboard (NOT an internal XPression clock).  I am using XPression PRIME Go version 7 (don't laugh).  The clock comes on via the main scene director, with a pause, followed by a "take offline" event. So, the timer comes on, and I then need the scene director to resume (or play on) once the timer reaches 00:00.  I am struggling to get the visual logic to work. I've tried String Compare using the clocktimer text object and a string value block.  Doesn't work. I've tried various other methods, both using numeric values and string values, and have come up empty every time. I'm running out of time, so if anybody has the secret knowledge, please share?

Here is a screenshot of my visual logic. The String Value is 00:00. Regardless of the clock's value, I'm getting a boolean of 1 all the time, even when the 2 are different. 

Thanks!

Ilana

------------------------------
    Ilana Gordon

• 2.  RE: Take scene offline when Dashboard clock reaches 00:00

Posted 11-20-2023 10:10

If you want to compare a string you should use "String Compare" block.

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Take scene offline when Dashboard clock reaches 00:00

Posted 11-21-2023 08:28

That's it!  A String Compare block between the first 2 and the Equal-To block did the trick. Also, I made a separate scene director for the Dissolve-Out animation instead of using the Resume action.

Thanks for the quick response, Simon. Much appreciated! 

Ilana Gordon

• 4.  RE: Take scene offline when Dashboard clock reaches 00:00

Posted 11-21-2023 09:32

No worries, pleased I was able to help!

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom