Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Tally Whack

Posted 10-09-2023 15:41

Hello. I work at WVU Athletics Video. We are running Xpression Studio v11.0 Build 5650. Is there anyway to mute the output audio from Xpression until you recieve a Tally from the switcher? We usually leave the audio from the Xpression open on the audio board. Problem is our Xpression ops will run graphics out NOT ON AIR and we hear the audio associated with it extranously. Easy fix is only track the Xpression when it is needed, but I am working with students most of time :) 

------------------------------
    Aaron Shackelford
    Production Manager
    WVU Athletics Video

• 2.  RE: Tally Whack

Posted 10-09-2023 15:47

You can use script to disable and enable tracks so you might be able to do something with that but I've never tried to access the tally data anywhere before. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Tally Whack

Posted 10-10-2023 04:48

Good day. It appears that WVU has a Carbonite Ultra production switcher and CB2S Control Panel; can you please confirm that this is the case? If so, the RAVE audio license, available as an option, would provide audio-follow-video capability. This means that embedded audio from any source, including XPression, would only track when it is taken to Program, either full-screen or as a key. 

Tedd Tramaloni
    Ross Video

• 4.  RE: Tally Whack

Posted 10-10-2023 14:35

Tedd,

Yes that is the case. Thank you so much ! I will look into the purchase of this.  

Aaron Shackelford
    Production Manager
    WVU Athletics Video