Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-07-2024 15:21

Hello,

I would like to explain my problem and hope it is not too confusing. I have created a Scene with a bar that animates in displaying 10 upcoming meetings. I datalinq to a microsoft exel sheet. the meetings animate in and out using scene directors. When you click on the sequence the bar comes up and The first meeting, date, and time are displayed, and then they disappear as the next meeting appears, and so on. However, my boss wants the previous day's meeting to not show up when we play the upcoming meetings again the next day. I have tried using the edit visual logic, but it did not work. Is there a way expression  looks at a date on an Excel sheet and remove the meeting from showing up in the graphic while the other meetings are playing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the xpression file and the microsoft exel sheet for viewing. Thank you

------------------------------
    Lazaro Lopez
    TV/DIRECTOR/EDITOR
    MIAMI DADE COUNTY

• 2.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 11:03

Is it all one scene director? 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 11:15
      |   view attached

No. I have a lot of scene directors.

Lazaro Lopez, TV Director/Editor

Communications and Customer Experience Department(305) 375-2432

miamidade.gov

Connect With Us on Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

• 4.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 11:16

So are all the ones with the different up coming dates in each of those or is each on of those a different upcoming event / date? 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 5.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 11:39
      |   view attached

Only the scene directors that's called Third Line in and Third Line Out... have the name of meeting and time.

If I understand your question correctly... I have it set up in transition logic this way.... if the day and date are the same... to change the name of the meeting and time. I've attached a pic of my transition logic if it helps. Also, in original message I attached the xpression file if you can open it and see how it works. If you have time.

miamidade.gov

• 6.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 12:17
      |   view attached

I've attached how I did my visual logic as well. It works when I do that, but I see a empty space when I run the group. I tried the <n> method but that didn't work. I think it's because I'm using scene directors. I see the empty space then the next meetings animate in. I don't want to see the empty space and I  just want it to go on to the next meeting.

Thank you for all your help.

miamidade.gov

• 7.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 12:45

I would probably script it but I think you might be able to skip to the part of the scene director that's relevant for your date using the date and time blocks in Visual Logic. 

So if the date = 7/8, director.position = 120 or whatever you needed to  do. 

Only issue with doing it in VL is it might force the scene director to always be at that position rather than continue to play you may need to test that. 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 8.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-08-2024 13:23
    ok. sounds good. i have never used script. Do you have a video link that I can look at to see how it scrips work? Also the date and time blocks i see in Visual logic. Probaly use it how i used it for the sample i sent you?   i will try. thanks for your help today.  if i get this work it should just go back and play then next meeting thats ready to go? 

miamidade.gov

• 9.  RE: Xpression and Datalinq

Posted 03-09-2024 09:43

https://www.rossvideo.com/resources/ross-university/xpression-scripting-part-1-an-introduction/https://www.rossvideo.com/resources/ross-university/xpression-scripting-part-1-an-introduction/

Once you have the basics I could help you write something. 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom